Saturday, January 12, 2019

The Mickey Guitar Band Feat. The Gerogerigegege ‎– From The Deep LP



From the moment I learned of the existence of this, I was wavering on whether I should buy it due to the price, but eventually I did. Second kind-of-mass outing of Gerogerigegege after the amazing out-of-nowhere return of Moenai Hai is this collaboration lp with Japanese psych rock band The Mickey Guitar Band. Gero is listed as playing percussion, which is not that audible actually, as well as handling the production. So what we got here is psychedelic rock heavily focused on guitar solos combined with fizzy, levitating ambient pieces generated mainly by guitar effects akin to 1970s Robert Fripp. I'd say this sounds like a mix between Hawkwind and Popol Vuh, but don't take my word. It ain't that Gero-weird, but it's a good psychedelic record with a nightly sound ideal for night drives and such. 2017 LP on Psych.KG.

Download

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for both of these ... I've really wanted to hear them since they came out.

    ReplyDelete