Saturday, January 5, 2019

Drooping Finger & Möbius - collaboration tape



I have already referred to Möbius as one of the most promising new bands to emerge from the North England No-Audience Underground, so my excitement was immense when I saw a new release by them, which is this time a collaborative tape with heavy ambient solo project Drooping Finger. The witching vocal drones of Möbius (this time seemingly focusing on the female counterpart - I can't find any instances of the Tibetan monk-like male voice, apart from a very understated presence in track one) are successfully linked with scary dark ambient drones that have a very narrative approach, and the end result is an awesome soundtrack-like atmosphere of sacrifices in the woods, while I could also draw some comparisons to Sunn O)))'s more ritual moments, such as Attila's Decay track on White2. A good late addition to the best releases of 2018, released on tape by Panurus Productions.

Download

1 comment: