Friday, December 21, 2018

Destroy All Monsters ‎– Bored



I remember being very happy when I bought this album during high school as it was one my of most sought-after things after I had a piece on a rock 'n' roll magazing on how experimental and psychedelic they were and that they were something like precursors to Throbbing Gristle. Well, musically not really, but still the sounds rock. This is the band Ron Asheton of The Stooges and Michael Davis of MC5 played in after the disbandment of the respective giants of rock 'n' roll. There is also Niagara, the female singer/performance artist, with her punk delivery and some real fun cat-like growls, as in the beginning of "Bored." The music is really good proto-punk hard r'n'r, with amazing musicianship (check the jamming vibe on "What Do I Get"? and the amazing drumming) and mind-blowing solos courtesy of Sir Asheton. This is a compilation of three 7"s they released circa 1978-1979, and it was released as a cd in 1991 by Cherry Red.

Download

3 comments:

  1. Destroy All Monsters are the dog's bollocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a hitch with the link not fully downloading...that said, thanks for all you do, and I really appreciate the personal anecdotes!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't now man it seems to be working fine for me

      Delete