Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Κωστής Δρυγιανάκης ‎– Ο Χονδρός Και Η Κατσιάνη Στο Βουνό (Costis Drygiannakis - Chondros and Katsiani on the Mountain)

 

Didn't plan to take me such a long time to get back to posting, but things haven't been exactly well. Probably had the worst summer of my life, I don't see life getting any better soon. Thanks to everyone who asked about me, sorry for not replying.I haven't heard to much music either, when I have the time I'd rather listen to ASMR videos on youtube (or even watch old NBA highlights).

Costis Drygiannakis is a top-class Greek avant-garde composer (I think Bleak Bliss has posted some of his other releases in the past) and this is a dizzying cello-weird electronics-fucked percussions electroacoustic masterpiece bordering Greek folk music at times, drone and everything in-between, with vocal contributions from Alexandra Katsiani and Thanasis Chondros (hence the title) from weirdo Greek band Dimosioypalliliko Retire. First released in 2006, this is the 2019 re-release on Rekem Records.

Download

 

 

3 comments:

  1. What a splendid return with an excellent post - many thanks! And I do hope that things will get better for you eventually! Best wishes from Munich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you back, hoping for better times for you...from Lynchburg, VA

    ReplyDelete