Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Current 93 ‎– If A Star Turns Into Ashes (bonus: Soft Black Stars)



New C93 12" continuing in the recent dark ambient direction of Invocations of Almost and The Stars on their Horsies, something which I really really like. 2020 12" on The Spheres.

Download

As a bonus, here's a remastered version of Soft Black Stars (among my five top C93 albums), containing all three versions of the track "Chewing on Shadows." Originally released in 1998 on Durtro, this is the 2018 double LP re-release on The Spheres.

Download

PS: I've read there's going to be a collection of all C93 releases which feature collaborations with Thomas Ligotti (whose short story "Soft Black Stars" inspired this album anyway); really looking forward to it, as I Have A Special Plan For This World is my favorite Current 93 release ever.

1 comment: