Monday, August 28, 2023

Άβατον - Άβατον (Avaton - Avaton)

 











Legendary - now broken-up - Greek band (proteges of Manos Chatzidakis, one of the three most prominent Greek composers of 20th century) from the early 90s playing a mix of new-agey/ambient folk with purported influences from ancient Greek music (though, as we know, there are no actual musical indications of what ancient Greek music sounded like) and lyrics derived from the poetry of Sappho, the 6th-century-BCE godmother of lesbianism. The final two tracks, "I Siragga," and "Simoun," are among my all-time favorite tracks ever since I was a teenager and I discovered this album and I play "I Siragga" very frequently in my car. 1991 LP on Sirius (Manos Chatzidakis's label)

Download

2 comments:

  1. Hey, if you have it, could you upload Ne San off of Banned Productions? I can't find a copy of it anywhere online

    ReplyDelete
  2. My god, man, just discovered your blog. Pure admiration.

    ReplyDelete